Psychotherapy, Counselling and Supervision
Justyna Muller BACP (Accred)
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Counselling and Psychotherapy offer a possibility to reflect and to explore what is happening in your life and to support you in finding your own, unique ways of living. By talking to a counsellor about your life experiences you can discover new perspectives that can enable you to make changes in your life.
You can find more about therapy here.
Who Could Benefit from Counselling and Psychotherapy
● If you are feeling stuck and unsure of what to do next, either in your job, relationship or life in general.
● When you are repeating patterns: the same arguments, the same work difficulties, the same unfulfilled dreams.
● When you are experiencing depression, addiction, anxiety or other overwhelming feelings.
● When you have experienced loss and would like to make sense of your life and new directions.
● When you overgrown the person that you have been previously and want to explore more of your new believes and ideas but you are worried about the response of those around you.
● Counselling and Psychotherapy can support you with the pressure of everyday life while you are bringing into the world new experiences.
You can contact me by:
After our initial contact either by email or phone I will invite you for an assessment session. During this session
• I will ask you about the reason for seeking counselling, your present situation, your past and your hopes for the future
• I will explain to you how I work, including payments and cancellation policy
• I will help you to clarify what might be achievable from sessions
• I would answer any questions that you may have about the therapy and the way I work
• I would also welcome your comments and any feedback that you might have
• Towards the end of the session, we can discuss the plan and your options
What will you need to do?
This is your time and therapy usually takes a great amount of time and financial commitment. It is up to you how you want to use it, but there are a few things that might help you to use your sessions more creatively and fulfilling. I will expect from you a weekly commitment and some motivation to change, or willingness to explore the issue you are bringing to therapy.
If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can contact me by phone, email or using the form provided on the contact page.
What happens during the therapy?
Counselling and Psychotherapy offer you a space to reflect on the present situation and on the road that has led you to the current situation. Depending on the therapeutic focus and on number of sessions we may focus mostly on the present or we may revisit some of your childhood experiences. Revisiting your life can help you to gain a different perspective on your previous experiences and can help you to become more in tune with your needs and desires.
During the therapy, we may work with your unconscious, what is not easily accessible to you but it might be influencing your daily experiences and stopping you from engaging with others and life. Bringing into consciousness some of your unconscious ways of relating to me, others and yourself can help you to become more aware of your own needs and how you relate to others.
I may also ask you to bring dreams or any other creative ideas into the sessions, this is optional.
It takes a great amount of courage and honesty with yourself and others to talk to someone about the things that matter to you. While I think that talking is an essential part of therapy I also think that talking can sometimes block us from accessing our deep resource. That’s why sometimes I may ask you to concentrate on your breath, on your feelings and on your body. I may also encourage you to do some writing, drawing or any other creative expressions to help you to release and shift inner energy.
During the therapeutic process, we may be working with some uncomfortable emotions and reflections and it is very helpful if at any point you are feeling uncomfortable or unsafe that you are able to communicate this to me. I am aware that this is not always easy or possible but this is the place that you can use for learning to express and assert yourself and your needs.
Looking towards the future
The therapy is not only about looking back but it is also about the present and looking forward towards the future. When appropriate I will support you in finding new ways to express your unique potential and to feel more caring and empathic towards yourself and your life.